lol - for all of you that have read Pam's post...boy can I relate today. not to the poo today (but most of you know that I've SERIOUSLY been there done that, and hope to NEVER go there again!) but it's been a frustrating day...to say the least. possibly worse cause we've now had 3 consecutive frustrating days (actually more now that I think about it), and unfortunately for me, my 'looking for the blessing in it' ability - has vanished.
i once heard a talk on mother anger on Focus on the Family. Josh was less than a year old at the time and I remember feeling bad for those 'poor mothers' who got so frustrated with their kids that it turned to anger. now that Josh is 3.5yrs old, I can totally relate. And although I feel a twinge of fear that I'll be judged, I'm going to push past that and just admit that my blessing, the son I would give my life for and I love to bits...can sometimes push me so far that I need to remove myself from his presence in order to regain control. Because hearing those women talk about it back then allowed me to at least feel like I am not the only one, that there is hope and that yes, I can get the victory over this.
Right now I'm going to go upstairs and pray with my husband. Then I'm going to go into Josh's room and kiss him goodnight while he's asleep and pray that God will help me with this wonderful blessing that is motherhood, and enable me to rise above my shortcomings.
3 comments:
You're a great mum Kylee! And believe me you are not the only one. I am sure we all have lost it many times with our kids even if some of us are too proud to admit it.
I will happily tell everyone I am not a perfect mum, and so should you, cause when we admit our failures the Lord's strength really shows. How good are our kids (most of the time) ?? Doesn't that show the Lord is helping us do the right thing by them, helping us to walk away and cool down instead of lashing out. Helping us to survive each day and love them that little bit more each day (even when we don't feel so loving).
The Lord would not have given you Josh if He didn't think you are the perfect mum for him.. Yep the PERFECT mum for him... Did you hear it.. THE PERFECT MUM.. for him. You have the ability and talent to bring Josh up to be a awesome MAN OF GOD. Keep praying and calling on the Lord's strength and just see what he will do!!
LOVE YA.. HUGE HUGS!!!
I can totally relate!! I'm trying to get the victory over this one. I think you are an awesome mum and I often look at you and your children at church and think - I want to be more like that...
Thank you so much Pam and Frances. Your words have blessed and encouraged me SO MUCH. Love you both heaps :)
have a great weekend!
Post a Comment