Monday, 11 August 2008

probably a long update...

we just used some old apples to make this new recipe called 'almost apple pie cake'...it hasn't finished cooking yet so I don't know if it's a winner or not, but if the smell is any indication it's gonna be delicious. apple and cinnamon just smell so GOOD :)

so...i ended up not going to work last thurs - Josh got another ear infection (praise the Lord for carer's leave!). the grommets are still in his ears so i'm a little concerned and we'll be visiting the specialist again soon. one dr we saw said that he has enlarged (but not infected) tonsils, which apparently can be part of the reason the eustachian tube doesn't drain the ear properly and he's had such chronic ear infections...poor fella :(

friday was a great/busy day at work and then straight to Shellharbour for the AYM weekend. we took Josh on AYM back when he was less than 12 months old and it was good but we decided we probably wouldn't do it again...esp not with 2 kids. But the original leaders of the team to Shellharbour couldn't go...so we did! We stayed with the Pastor and his wife - Bill and Robyn Morris - whom we knew from when they used to attend our church here in Canberra a few years ago. They were fantastic with the kids and really made the weekend stress free for us. Another family in their church had sent over a huge box of fantastic toys that kept both boys occupied really well the few times we actually had time at home.

Friday night we arrived just in time for the youth get together at church, sang a few songs and shared some testimonies. Then of course we went to the favourite supper venue for a lot of pentecostals - MCDONALD'S :) Josh was very happy to get to play in the play area and even got me into part of it (altho I nearly got stuck!).

Saturday we had a church picnic in Kiama - I have never been there before and thought it was a lovely venue. We saw the blow hole - very cool! After lunch nearly everyone got into throwing rocks across the water, trying to skip them :) it was a nice, relaxed and fun time.

Saturday night was youth service. The three of us girls on the team all gave a 10min exhortation after Aaron led worship. I spoke about fear...I think I might even put up a condensed version of what I said on here for my own future reference. It was a great night. The church was very supportive of the kids and really took the pressure off me feeling like i had to keep them perfectly quiet and still.

Sunday morning I didn't do anything in church :) and Josh went out to sunday school so it was great!! lol, I'm such a slacker. The other girls sang and it was lovely. Aaron preached such a good message, really allowing God to speak thru him. We followed all that up with wonderful food at the church fellowship luncheon. The kids at church were wonderful, really took Josh in and he had the best time.

We packed up that afternoon to head back straight after the evening service. It was great too, and I testified briefly and sang. But the boys were SO tired...they really just couldn't sit still thru that service :( so I pretty much missed the preaching...it was a relief to get them in the car eventually (10pm) and they fell asleep pretty quick.

So yeah. that's the shortest run-down I could give!! We had a wonderful time and it was a LOT easier than I was anticipating :) love that!

1 comment:

Rob and Heather said...

It sounds like you had a great time.

I take it you didn't get lost???

:o)