Thursday, 14 June 2012

So far...

The first week was easy! I felt like I was allowed to eat quite a bit (we're supposed to eat 1200 calories per day - 3 meals and 2 snacks) and although I got a tummy bug in the middle of the first week, I only missed one day of training :)

Unfortunately this week has been more of a wake up call. I've been slightly hungrier, but thankfully haven't gone over my calorie limit so far.





This pic is of my dessert tonight, I had calories left over so I'm having strawberries and yoghurt.

I'm finding it easier to plan my grocery shopping, as well as measure/weigh a lot of things to make sure I'm not having too much. Most of the meals have been pretty quick to prepare, which I LOVE.

Aaron and I made a lasagne this week, and although it took ages to prepare, I was impressed with how it tasted considering it had 800g mushrooms in it and I hate mushrooms lol.

I have found I'm simplifying the breakfasts (having mostly fruit and yoghurt) and even the lunches because I either am not fussed with what's on the menu or haven't had time to prep it. One of the things I love though, is that if you don't like a meal or don't have what it needs, you can easily swap it for another recipe out of the recipe index that has similar calories. That makes things super easy for me :)

I have lost 4kgs over the last few weeks :) I think I'm going to find it hard not to focus a lot on weight loss. I loved reading what I'd written a couple of posts ago about wanting to change my eating habits and make exercise a part of my everyday life - it helped me to refocus, and remember that I don't want weight loss to be my main agenda (although 1/2kg to go and I'll be back in the healthy BMI range, rather than the overweight one. Now that was an unpleasant discovery!)

So there's a few thoughts on the start of my 12wk journey ;)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: