Saturday, 8 September 2012

More update




~ Ariella came with me to our National Women's Conference in Stanwell Tops this year. I LOVED having her with me! One of her best friends came too, and they had a great time charming all the ladies there :)

I got to meet the speaker at the conference, Sis Melani Shock, who I greatly admire :) I even got my photo taken with her, I don't remember ever doing that before lol. It was an awesome conference, and hopefully I'll get around to doing a post on it.

~ Kai visited the National Museum of Australia with his preschool class. Then fell asleep on the bus on the way home :)

~ Aaron enjoyed the National Men's Conference and also got a photo with the speaker, Bro Terry Shock ;)
We were so blessed by the Shocks ministry, both at the conferences and when they preached at our church.

~ Mum and I both had laser eye surgery :) mum's was pretty straight forward and she's doing very well, getting used to not having to wear glasses while driving etc.

Mine was a little complicated unfortunately :( the LASIK surgery went fine on my right eye, but when they tried to do it on my left eye it couldn't suction onto my eyeball properly so they had to go with what's called PRK instead.

That sounds ok and quite rational as I type it out now, but at the time it was enough to nearly send me bonkers!! It's such a full on experience, and I'm very glad it's over.

Yesterday I was booked in to have the contact lens removed from my left eye, and of course it wouldn't come off!! It took over half an hour, and 2 different optometrists to get it out :( not fun. It also left a crinkle, or ripple on the surface of my eye...which kinda feels like an eyelash is permanently stuck in your eye.

I'm getting there though, and am enjoying being able to see longer distances without my glasses!

~ we've been enjoying quite a few outings lately :) and a few babycinos too ;)

~ soccer season is pretty much over. Josh has done so well, and Kai can't wait for his turn to play :)

~ we enjoyed the circus last night :) it was amazing!

No comments: