This year I've gone from working 2 days a week to three. I have worked 2 days a week ever since I had my first baby...NINE years ago - so basically nearly all my working life.
I am nervous about how it will affect me and the family. I tend to get really worn out :( and then have nothing of value to give to my family. Plus I'm always cautious of the migraines. Having a messy house and not being able to oversee routines kinda stresses me out.
I am learning to let go. I can wish I was a different person, with a different personality (and believe me, I have!) or I can work to my strengths and learn to let go. I've never really been a fan of letting go, but I'm learning.
On a different topic, I've been reading a lot about goal setting/why people don't reach their goals/resolutions etc etc and there are two things I want to make a part of my life in order to feel a little more purposeful:
- choose ONE goal, that if achieved I would feel like I had added something of value to my life - kinda a 'bottom line' goal that is most important to me
- write out your goals every day (this would mean you couldn't really have that many, cause who's got time for that?!)
My ONE goal is to re-establish my personal devotion time with God. Of course I still have prayer/bible time etc but nothing like I used to have and I LOVED IT and miss it. So there it is - my one goal broadcast to the internet ;)
On another completely different topic, my baby girl started kindergarten this past week. I don't like it. The thought of taking her out and starting next year instead did cross my mind. I cried when she walked into the classroom without a backward glance. So yeah...not a fan at all :(
No comments:
Post a Comment