Tuesday, 11 November 2008

contentment

I just read this excerpt from a book on Joy's blog about contentment:

"Never allow yourself to complain about anything, not even the weather.
Never picture yourself in any other circumstance or someplace else.
Never compare your lot with anothers.
Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
Never dwell on tomorrow, remember that it is God's, not ours."

I am praying at the moment about my 'theme' for next year. This year it's been VICTORY. It's been a fantastic year too, especially from that perspective and I thank God so much for that.

So it was interesting that I just read this about contentment...I love that scripture:

1Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

I don't believe any of the 'themes' God's inspired in me end with the passing of the year, only that I am more aware of it during that particular year. So for me, victory as a way of life will not end with 2008, but I have read books/articles etc on it with more awareness this year and had the theme scripture:

thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Corinthians 15:57

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I like that! Thanks for sharing!