Thursday, 17 September 2009

let's play...

At the moment, Josh and his friends are all about playing pretend games that mimic adult lives. I've heard them all say, 'Let's play mummy's and daddy's'. I think it's really sweet. Tonight as I gave Aaron a kiss goodbye before I went out, Josh asked me why we kissed on the lips. I told him that's what mummy's and daddy's do. And suddenly it didn't seem so terribly horrifying anymore that he and a little friend had kissed on the lips while they were playing together one afternoon...it was part of the game...

And I just loved the chance to talk about that sort of thing again when I put him to bed tonight. Telling him about how one day he'll marry a girl that he loves more than any other girl (and thinking it was really cute when he told me who he was going to marry, and when I asked him what he liked about her it was basically cause she always greets him with joy and enthusiasm and loves to play with him and spend time with him...sounds like what most guys want hey!!)

Sometimes i just want to hold on to a moment and preserve it for all time. Like when I'm holding my babies before they drop off to sleep or when we're having one of those 'connecting' moments or they do/say something that just blows your mind. God is SO GOOD

No comments: