Wednesday, 13 January 2010

random thoughts...


I tried the ponytail thing on Ella - it stuck straight up like the other little girl's hair, but then kinda curled over like a fountain! It looked so CUTE

...I am amazed that I now have 6 folders in 'my pictures' (from 2005 to 2010) that contain some seriously precious memories...I love digital cameras!

...Ella's latest thing is getting into the cupboards (no surprise). Her favourite cupboard is the pantry where I keep the potatoes and onions...and she likes to bite into them. All I could smell was onion on her just before I put her down for her afternoon nap today.

...I have been praying and seeking God about my word/inspiration for this year. I've never found it as hard as it has been this year! Instead of making goals or resolutions, I've listed 4 things that I'm going to try and do every day and make into habit. And that's it for now. The plan is to eventually move onto some new things when these 4 are done, but I'm taking it one day at a time - literally! I'm not going to share my 4 things, but they basically cover something in each of the areas of God/Husband/Children/Home.

...despite my inability to choose a word to define this year, I'm really excited about 2010. I don't know whether it's because it's a new decade. Or because I finally have the energy to stay awake while the kids are resting (!) or because I sense God is up to something...whatever it is, I'm grateful for the positive anticipation (and motivation) I feel and look forward to seeing what transpires.

...I have filled out (nearly) all the mountains of forms for Josh to start kindy (I just started typing preschool instead of kindy!) and we have bought nearly everything he needs. All I have to do is organise his painting smock and find his library bag and we're good to go. OH WOW

I hope you're all excited about 2010 too and it's started off super well for you!

No comments: